Aug 16, 2008

Full Moon..


Today is Aug 17th and it is suppose to be the full moon phase.  This picture was taken in June 2008 and I regard it as one of my lucky day to have another nature picture of my own.  The full moon as I 've read has been linked to crime, suicide, mental illness, disasters, accidents, birthrates, fertility, and werewolves, among other things.  Though werewolves are not common here in my place,  studies done have failed to show a reliable and significant correlation between the full moon, or any other phase of the moon. If that so, why do so many people believe in these lunar myths? Kelly, Rotton, and Culver suspect four factors: media effects, folklore and tradition, misconceptions, and cognitive biases. A fifth factor should be considered, as well: communal reinforcement.  Just my two cents quoting Kelly, Rotton and Culver's....

No comments: